Monday 12 September 2016

Rainbows and Goldfishies

It was a bit of a draughty showery old day today - definitely not one for a nice hair do and even more so when it's in dire need of a cut!  It definitely doesn't look as good as my Tiddly Inks girl ;)
Coloured with watercolour pencils - her dress does match my pink backing in real life but it seems to be another colour my camera won't do!   Sparkle added to her bows and balloons with my clear glitter pen - what did I do before I had one of these? I seem to use it on almost every card!
Couple of snippets of colourful DP from my stash - you'd laugh at the little tiddly bit I have left but don't want to chuck!

I still haven't got round to tidying my desk so these Avery Elle stamps are still knocking around and when I saw this beauiful goldfish card in Tracey's gallery - this week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast - I thought they'd be perfect for my nephew's birthday card!

Coloured with watercolour pencils, lots of sparkle added with my clear glitter pen and then clear gloss added to their eyes and teeth.  Birthday die from Simon Says Stamp.  Coloured enamel accents and a doodled border to finish.
I know there's a lot of 'girlie' sparkle on it, but I'm hoping the expression on their faces cancels that out!

21 comments:

Aileen said...

Ohh my I love those fish, such expressive faces, they truly crack me up. Beautiful colouring of the little girl. both cards are wonderful on the eye.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful CAS card Lynne. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Dan Moreira said...

Beautiful cards!!!
Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks challenge!
Kisses
DaN

Lisa said...

what a fun card! I like the rainbow card with the girl, it made me smile! you are very talented!

Shirley said...

A lovely fresh looking and fun card.Loving the cute fishes.
Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

Shirley

Barb said...

Two really super cards Lynne. I love the colours and the design of your first card ans the fish stamps are great. I love their faces. A really fun card. Barbxx

Di said...

Wonderful snippets card (and I love the fishes too!). How clever to add the butterfly on your snippets card using the same paper - it really does make such an impact! Beautiful colouring as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Dotty Jo said...

Birthday fishes... Love them! Jo x

Patti said...

Tiddly is adorable with her sparkly bow!! and the background for your fishes is over the top great! you are my "background mentor" friend!!

Patti

Cheryl W. said...

Two more great cards, Lynne. Your little Tiddly Inks girls is just the sweetest. Your corner die-cuts reminded me that I should use some of my corner dies more. I always forget about them. Love your fish, too. Seems there should be an "Angry Fish" game to play as a change from "Angry Birds." These fish could definitely be the mascots. :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards here, I love those wonderful fish.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Great fish! Fun card Lynne and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

Dora said...

Hahaha...great are the fishes. Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

The first card is also very beautiful made.

Maureen said...

oh, that rainbow paper is just perfect for the challenge! Super cute and cheerful! Thanks for playing along over at The Card Concept :)

brenda said...

A super creation for our One for the Boys theme, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge, also Penny Black and More sentiment theme.

B x

Sadilla said...

wow lovely... I love the happy colors!!
thank you for joining us at Tiddly Inks Challenge
Sadia

Kecia said...

Loving the awesome colors on this. Great use of the sketch. So happy you joined us at Tiddly Inks this week.

Pam said...

Very sweet image and beautifully colored. The striped paper adds a touch of cheer. This happy little card is a wonderful way to say thank you and thank you so much for sharing your design in our Layer it Up Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
:) Pam

Kerin said...

What a little cutie, and I love the rainbow background to go with her! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Rebecca said...

Super cute and lots of great layers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Cheri Burry said...

Love the fun feel of your card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Tiddly Inks!